This month, we’re Cre8ting time for maille here in Chicago AND in Milwaukee, WI at the Bead&Button Show. If you’re at the show, you can stop by our booth to create the project below for FREE (along with 3 others). Not at the show? No problem. Check out the instructions below and put together these fun earrings wherever you are!
by Omni Mee
10 large jump rings
T16 anodized aluminum
T = 3/8” (9.5mm), 16ga = 1.6mm
Note: You will be working from the bottom of the earring to the top.
1. Pre-open 2 rings and pre close 3 rings.
2. Hold one closed ring with the tips of your fingers, while also balancing another closed ring directly on top.
3. Weave an open ring through the balanced ring, while also scooping through the ring you are holding.
4. Close the open ring. Note how the ring you balanced on your fingers is now orbiting around horizontally.
5. Holding the weave that was just completed, carefully balance your last closed ring on the top most ring.
6. Weave your last open ring through the balanced ring, while also scooping through the ring you are holding.
7.Before closing, slide the earwire on. Now close the ring.